Friday, February 11, 2011

Governor Kasich's charm offensive

I would probably use offensive, in more ways than one.  Check out the Statehouse News Bureau audio here.
I must confess, I don't have any experience dealing with Chinese businessmen or government officials (and I don't know how much difference there is between the two).  I would think that the way to try to convince them to invest in Ohio would not be to lead off by telling them that we don't like them, we don't like the way they manipulate their currency and the way they use unfair trade practices to steal jobs from us.  Then to follow up by saying, "You want us to like you, bring some money to Ohio..." just blows me away.  The first thing I could think of was the guy in high school or college who tells the insecure girl that he doesn't like her because she's kind of fat and she's annoying, but he'll like her if she has sex with him.  I always considered that character a douchebag, but I must admit, he often got laid.  I guess we'll have to wait to see how well that works in the governor's bid for economic development in Ohio.

2 comments:

  1. Since I was raised in OH I'm sorry for you w/Kasich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just don't understand this guy. I thought he was going to be some kind of polished politician.

    ReplyDelete