Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dynamic Pricing is Bullshit

I went to the Reds game today.  It was a beautiful day to be at the game.  I was teaching my friend's son to throw the peanut shells on the ground, and I got in trouble for that infraction.  I told my friend that that is the beauty of going to the stadium, because you are allowed to throw things on the ground.  He said, "you mean as opposed to your house or car." I said that that was the beauty of living where I do, I just open up the door and throw the peanuts in the yard.  He told his son, "uncle [farmer] lives in a stadium, don't do things like him."

The main takeaway from the game is that when it is a nice day, and the Reds think they can make some money, they will.  They have this "dynamic" (meaning fucking over people who didn't buy their tickets ahead of time) pricing system.  Today, they jacked the cheapest tickets up 40%, and the ones we were in 16%.  I'm sorry, but that just seems rapacious to me.  So much for treating the fans well.

No comments:

Post a Comment