Friday, September 20, 2013

Kinda Sutra

Folks tell about the outlandish beliefs they held as kids about where babies came from:



The Kinda Sutra from Nonfiction Unlimited on Vimeo.


I don't remember when I understood the mechanics of the baby making process, but I know that by third or fourth grade I was certain about the Insert Tab A into Slot B process. This can be attributed to my best friend watching "The Last American Virgin" on HBO and telling me all about it.

But I'd figured out by about first grade that thinking about girls, especially the parts covered up by bikinis, made my pee-er (the name used at my house when I was a little kid) get a lot bigger, and I was always afraid that my mom would see that if she came into the bathroom while I was taking a bath, and I'd get in trouble for my dirty thoughts.  So by the time I was attending parochial school, I was already doing the Baseball, Margaret Thatcher distraction tricks to try to get the evidence to go away.  I think I had the mechanics understood before my friend regaled me with tales of the movie, but I can't exactly remember when I fully grasped it.  Unlike the one guy in the video, my girls are gross stage went away when I was really young, but the girls' this guy is gross stage pretty much still hasn't gone away.  Damn this cruel world.

No comments:

Post a Comment