Tuesday, August 9, 2011

George Bush on Steroids

Joshua Green quotes Richard Land backstage at Rick Perry's "Response" rally on Saturday:
 I thought the day's shrewdest political insight came from Dr. Richard Land, the former president of the Southern Baptist Convention and a sixth-generation Texan, who I bumped into in the hallway after Perry spoke. "If he runs, he'll be a strong candidate," Land told me. "He's a charismatic figure. I think about him on stage with the other candidates and he'll stand out. He's not a wallflower. But the most interesting question for me is whether the country is ready for somebody who looks and sounds like George W. Bush on steroids."
I can't speak for the rest of the country, but for me, no, I am not ready, and never will be ready for someone who looks and sounds like George W. Bush on steroids.  How about we avoid another Bush-style presidency?

No comments:

Post a Comment