Friday, December 23, 2011

A Small Project

A neighbor called this afternoon and said that another neighbor's cows were out and were grazing in the wheat field.  The neighbor with the cows is in Florida, so I went up to try to get them in.  That was pretty easy, as the cows were pretty spooky, and they ran back over and got back into the pasture in two different spots as soon as I walked into the wheat field.  There was one spot where the bottom of the fence was disconnected from the posts, and another spot where there wasn't a top line of barbed wire, and the woven wire was pushed down enough that they could jump the fence.

So I got some wire clips and reconnected the first spot, then got some barbed wire and strung about 75 feet somewhat roughly where there wasn't any.  Hopefully that will be enough to keep them in until he gets back from Florida.  I was glad I was able to do that, because he does a lot of things for me, and doesn't let me pay him for the work, so it was nice to be able to do something for him in return.  I just hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment