Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Hot Trend In DC (and elsewhere)

Washington Post:

In the past 17 years, record daily high temperatures have been broken or tied 27 times during the months of June, July and August. Fourteen of those records have been broken or tied in just the past three years.
Click to enlarge graphic. This is trend neither I nor my corn like.  I've lived in the same non-air conditioned home since 1998.  It was pretty bearable up until the last three years.  Since then, what used to be maybe 2 weeks of discomfort in the summer has increased to 6 or 8 weeks.  Even worse than the heat during the day is the heat at night.  Up until three years ago, we rarely had nights in the mid-seventies or higher.  Now it is commonplace.  That not only hurts my sleep, it hurts my corn yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment