Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Is Allen Pinkett A Bengals Fan?

ESPN:
"I love this school as much as I love my kids and would never want to compromise the ethics and morals of my alma mater, Notre Dame," Pinkett said in a statement. "I would again like to offer my most sincere and heartfelt apology to all those affected by my inappropriate comments, particularly the university, the school's hard-working and courageous student athletes, all Fighting Irish fans and team supporters, our friends at The Ohio State University, and my colleagues at IMG Notre Dame Radio Network.
"This offering of forgiveness is an extremely humbling life lesson. I will work very hard to make the most of this second chance in representing the high standards and proud tradition of Notre Dame football."
No announcement has been made on who will work as play-by-play man Don Criqui's partner for the next two games. Jeff Jeffers filled in for Pinkett for the Navy game.
Pinkett included Ohio State in his apology because he mentioned the Buckeyes by comparison in his "bad citizens" analogy.
"That's how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team," Pinkett told WSCR-AM 670 last week. "I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension, which creates edge on the football team. You can't have a football team full of choirboys."
It's funny Pinkett mentions Ohio State, but the Bengals would be the best analogy around here.  I'm not one to get extremely particular about the citizenship of my athletes.  Sure, it'd be nice if they were good guys, but we're really only interested in their football skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment