Saturday, March 8, 2014

First Fish Fry Weekend Reads

A few interesting stories you might want to check out:

A pair of stories from convents: On Hearing Every Story as a Lesson (Franciscan Sisters of Odenburg) - The Atlantic and Inside the Cloister (Poor Clares of Rockford, Illinois) - The New Yorker

The Relentless Bid, Explained - The Reformed Broker and The Trouble with Relentless Bid Theories - The Reformed Broker

Excerpt from Pete Rose: An American Dilemma, by Kostya Kennedy - Sports Illustrated

The Top of America - Time.  I don't think I'd fuck with ironworkers.  Those guys are plumb crazy.

Bay Area beef processsor sold meat from cows with eye cancer - LA Times. I had a cow I shipped out because she had an eye cancer, and even though I was told she couldn't go to the food supply, I figured some processor could get some use out of her, and it was easier than digging a hole and putting her down.  I think I got $0.105 a pound or something for her.

Believe in the 'Texas Miracle' But Trust in the Facts - Texas Observer.  See also Oops: The Texas Miracle That Isn't - Washington Monthly

It took me a while to fix that last link.  The tocuh pad on my laptop quit working, and I was trying to operate windows using the keypad.  Trying to learn a bunch of key commands you've never used isn't very easy.  Eventually, I gave up and restarted the computer (which is a gamble in itself because the hard drive is threatening to die).

No comments:

Post a Comment