Saturday, March 1, 2014

First of March Weekend Reads

Here's a few things to check out for the weekend:

Northern Lights illuminate the UK - BBC.  I love me some aurora borealis.

Potholes that Ate Indianapolis Devour U.S. City Budgets - Bloomberg  Failing empire watch.

Why I Left the GOP - Jeremiah Goulka  As a former political conservative (as opposed to the personally conservative person I consider myself now), there are several things in this essay I can strongly relate to.

Tapped Out Luling Turns Oil Wells Into Art and Slideshow: Luling Pump Jack Art - Texas Tribune

Ukraine in Maps - New York Times.  Also, Crimea's Challenge - Wall Street Journal.

Hydrologic Cycle - Ritholtz.  I linked to this mainly because I mentioned my fascination with hydrology a couple of days ago.

A Question of Mercy - Texas Monthly

The Murmurations of Starlings - The Atlantic

A Star in a Bottle - The New Yorker

Northern Lights-BBC






No comments:

Post a Comment