Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tax Day



I spent most of the morning entering in my tax data for last year.  Considering the different things I have going on, my taxes aren't extremely complicated.  It helps to have a relative who is a CPA and has top-of-the-line tax software available for use, along with the knowledge for how to handle depreciation and stuff like that.  I was amazed that my 1.75% city income taxes and 1.50% school district income taxes withheld from my check were higher than the state income taxes withheld.  I think the city and school district taxes are taken out before the 401k contribution, while the state income taxes are taken out after, but still, that is kind of crazy.  I've got about a half hour more work to do on them, but I'm always glad to get that done.  All I know is that Uncle Sam has a pretty good sized check coming his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment