Friday, January 28, 2011

Bud Selig makes $18 million?

I saw a Dayton Daily News chart yesterday showing the various sports commissioner salaries in light of Roger Goodell vowing to work for $1 if there was a work stoppage.  I can't find a link to the chart through the DDN, but here is another page covering the salaries.  If someone had told me that Bud Selig makes $18 million a year, I would have told the person they were sorely mistaken, there is no way he makes that kind of money.  I would have been absolutely wrong.  How on earth can he make that kind of money, he does nothing.  I've been critical of overpaid bankers and athletes, but this man tops them all.  I do not feel guilty in calling for much higher marginal tax rates on extremely high incomes, when you get that kind of productivity for $18 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment