Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Money and People

From Ritholtz - Michael Lewis on his financial writing career:
“At bottom, I’m not all that interested in money,” Michael Lewis tells Planet Money:
It’s peculiar that I’ve written financial books and worked on Wall Street. … I’m interested in something else, and I guess that other thing is character and action and the general drift of societies. Money, because people care so much about it … is this great prism through which to view people.
That is a very good point. My prism through which to view peoples' characters and values is politics, but most of politics is also related to money.  The best part of politics is that people who profess to be Christian also tend to be most likely to want to stick it to the poor, just like Jesus taught, or at least He must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment