Friday, February 4, 2011

More Ohio Politics

I am sure that with Republican majorities throughout state government, concealed carry of firearms in bars and restaurants will reappear as an issue.  Last year, during discussion of this issue, State Rep. Danny Bubp showed just how low the bar is for some one to become a representative (low enough that I could get 30% of the vote in a primary).  He dropped this gem of a quote on the state:
“I want to be able to go as soon as possible into an Applebee’s, and O’Charley’s or somewhere with my weapon. I don’t want to leave it in the car like I do now.” — State Rep. Danny R. Bubp, R-West Union.
I'm sorry, but is this man anticipating a violent conflict at one of our local chain restaurants?   Apparently.  he followed up with this gem:
“If someone goes into a restaurant and gets hurt because they can’t defend themselves, I’m going to be the first to say we should have done this.”
What loony world does this moron inhabit?  I am guessing that West Union, Ohio can't be easily confused with Kandahar, Afghanistan.  Look, I don't really care if a new version of last session's bill passes.  I feel perfectly comfortable strolling into Ruby Tuesday completely unarmed, whether the vigilante in the next booth over is armed or not.  I'm not going to piss my pants because I can't take my gun into the restaurant with me.  But I have a hard time understanding the chicken shits who imagine shootouts in the most boring restaurants on earth.  Do they think they can protect themselves from every possible calamity that may befall them.  Look at the Tucson shooting.  Armed citizens couldn't stop the attack because they couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guy.  Maybe Rep. Bubp should also pass a law requiring bad guys to wear black hats, but unfortunately, bad guys break laws about shooting people, so they probably won't follow that one either.  In the end, I hope that no one with an itchy trigger finger accidentally shoots a person for looking suspicious, like being a black man in a chain restaurant in hick ville.

No comments:

Post a Comment