Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse

Luckily, it looks like my neighborhood dodged the worst of the winter storm.  The power is out at the double-wide I rent out, but I've got power at home.  I missed a couple of big blue arcs that lit up the sky, and what appeared to be a tree or power pole on fire, according to my neighbor.  The temperature warmed up in the night, and brought most of the ice out of the trees, preventing severe damage when the wind picked up. 

When this not-so-graceful correspondent went out to feed the chickens this morning, I took a pretty good spill on the ice, spilling the chicken feed.  It was probably worthy of a spot in a YouTube montage of wipeouts, but probably couldn't stand alone, unlike the time I was kicked squarely in the junk by a cow (luckily frank, not beans) or the incident when I slid off of the roof of the corn crib while I was painting it.

Once I got up off of the ground, I discovered the ice was blocking the door to the coop, so I had to get out the maul and break it out.  Chalk that up as another design flaw of the coop.  Damn engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment