Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Last Day Of Summer

Sure, the fall equinox was last week, but today is the last day of baseball's regular season.  Therefore, it is the last day to listen to a Reds game until next spring.  Surprisingly enough, the Braves and the Red Sox are trying to clinch wild card spots even though they blew 8.5 and 9 game leads, respectively.  We may get a couple of 1 game playoffs tomorrow to determine who will actually get those spots.  Looking at the playoffs, my heart pulls for Detroit and Milwaukee, along with potential St. Louis and Tampa Bay appearances.  My head tells me that it will probably be Philadelphia, or maybe the Yankees who will come out on top.  I will be pulling for Texas to be eliminated as soon as possible.  I'm holding the Rangers responsible for foisting Rick Perry on the body politic, and I want them to pay for it.

As for the Reds, what can I say.  The season has been a loss.  The playoff appearance last year definitely looks like a fluke.  We'll be stuck wondering what would have happened if Chris Heisey started in leftfield all year.  Dusty Baker doesn't appear to be the seer who guided last year's team to a postseason shellacking by the Phillies.   I'll be stuck buying lunch for Cubs dad, but he'll be able to fill me in on why being a Bengals season ticket holder is a good move (I would assume this has to do with actually getting to watch the games, but I can't see that as a benefit).

No comments:

Post a Comment