Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time Flies

September 15, 2008:
 Lehman Brothers files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history.
I had a guy tell me the other night that things really went downhill after Obama got into office.  I mentioned that things were getting pretty bad before that, and that is why he got elected.  He went on to tell me that Obama just isn't business friendly, and that's why the economy isn't improving.  He said businesses were afraid to hire, because Obama was going to raise taxes on people making more tha $200,000 a year, which was small businessmen.  I suggested that large numbers of small businessmen would be happy to make $200,000, and most small businessmen would hire if their sales were increasing.  We finally quit discussing the topic.  I have to ask, would small businessmen be more optimistic if we had a Republican president, even in the current demand situation?  I think they might be, not that their confidence means a whole lot to me.  Even if they were optimistic, they wouldn't hire until sales increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment