Monday, December 31, 2012

End of the Year Summary

Well, 2012 has managed to slide by, and we survived the end of the Mayan Long Calendar.  We somehow made it through a very depressing Presidential campaign, and as far as I'm concerned, the best man (men) won.  The drought of 2012 nicked the crops here at home, but we got out better than a lot of folks out west.  My job kept me busy enough that the original writing on posts decreased from last year.  The best I could come up with was an Onionesque April Fools' story on Obama getting fed up and leaving Joe Biden in charge while he went on a bender.  There were a few surprises, like where I agreed with Ben Stein and the Koch Brothers, and with Republicans investigating MF Global.  Land prices continued their epic climb, in the monkey dirt out west, and even across the road from our farm.  My year wasn't hateful.  It was better than Big Tex's (or Mitt Romney's, which went like Big Tex's on election day), but not as good as R.A. Dickey's (or Lebron. I guess he proved my former employer and Dan Gilbert wrong).  Hopefully, all of you had a fine year, hopefully the next will be even better for you.  I'm glad you've stopped in to visit (this month has had the most pageviews since I started the blog) and I hope you come back next year. 

Prosit!

P.S.  I was trying to think of what my favorite song of 2012 was, and I think I'll go with Tim McMorris' "Overwhelmed."




It may carry some meaning that I discovered that song in a commercial for a product which has to fill in for the absence of such a presence in my life:




To 2013 being the year to find that person. (lifts bottle of Sam Adams)  Hell, I may as well start the year on an optimistic note.

1 comment:

  1. I like it when you're an optimist! Happy New Year and may 2013 live up to your optimism.

    ReplyDelete