Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rain Is A Good Thing

We took our combine up to the wheat field on Tuesday evening, even though the forecast was for the possibility of rain just about every day for a week.  For once, the weather man was pretty accurate.  So today, I was in the world's greatest burger joint and talked to another farmer about 10 miles away, who said that he'd run a load of wheat yesterday, and it was at 18% moisture, and he was going to try again after lunch.  So I decided I'd go ahead and try a little, just to see what it was.  Mine was at 26%.  That killed off that project for the day.  Right after that, it started drizzling again. That doesn't do anything good for the wheat, but it sure helps the corn, and I've got a lot more of that than wheat.  I guess this song is appropriate:



Well, I've got the rain, the corn and the whiskey, I'm just lacking in the girlfriend department. I guess 3 for 4 ain't bad. Last year I didn't have the rain, and the corn wasn't very impressive because of it. This is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment