Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Goodbye Again, Chase Bank


Today I went in to close down my checking account at Chase Bank, since it's been over six months since I opened it, meaning the $200 cash bonus they paid me was now all mine.  I told the manager that I wanted to close it, and when he asked why, I told him that I'd only opened it to get that $200.  He pulled the account up and noted that the only activity in the account had been one deposit.  I explained that the one deposit wasn't mine, but the deposit of some guy in New York who was probably wondering where his money disappeared to.  That's right, I'm saying the $23.75 mistakenly deposited in my account, which I reported to Chase almost two weeks ago, was still in there.  He looked at the image of the deposited check and confirmed that it didn't belong there, then told me he'd call wherever in Hell they had to call to straighten it out, but warned me that they still might send me a check for $23.75 to close out the account if it didn't get worked out correctly.  I probably should have told him that in my experience Chase doesn't send out checks when money is left in an account, but instead they just wait a while and then take the leftover cash as fee income.  Oh well, I'm done with Chase for another six months, when I'll be eligible for another cash bonus.  Heck, it's worth messing with them just for blog material.

No comments:

Post a Comment