Monday, April 18, 2011

Kasich Frequently Uses State Plane

Being an engineer, I immediately thought of the State Plane Coordinate system.  Here's the DDN:
Gov. John Kasich’s entourage for a 144-mile trip from Columbus to Cleveland last month was so large his office used two state-owned planes to transport the group, costing taxpayers $2,199.50.
In his first 81 days in office, the Republican Kasich used the Hawker-Beechcraft King Air planes for 16 in-state trips and four out-of-state treks at a total cost of $31,400. By comparison, former Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland spent $31,849 on plane travel during his first 13 months in office.
“There is no doubt about it: I can’t get to all these places if I’m not able to fly,” Kasich said on Friday. “And look, it is a tough budget, but it’s also critical that we don’t lose companies and that we can communicate across the state.” He added, “I understand that the plane is always going to be a sensitive subject but I only use it when we have to use it, when I think the schedule demands it and we’ve got to be in multiple places at the same time.”
John Kasich is the gift which keeps on giving.  He always manages to come off as an arrogant ass.

2 comments:

  1. My mother staunchly defends Kasich as the solution to all of Ohio's problems. If the answer to Ohio's problems is selling off the state assets and letting companies destroy resources, then she's right. However, she is still mad and angry about the polution of Grand Lake (cesspool) St Mary's. I'm mad and angry about selling my children's future and turning Ohio into a Southern state with Northern weather.

    My mom also blames the lazyness of the current generation for the problems of the United States. She wouldn't listen to me "badmouth" Ronald Regan and the republicans. This from a woman who voted for Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasich is certainly the solution to Ohio's problems, if the problems involve having too few dumbass assholes in the state government. Unfortunately, I don't think that is one of Ohio's problems, thanks to the election of 2010.

    Kasich HAS been promising money to Grand Lake, but we'll see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete