Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kasich Goes Off Again, This Time At Obama

Governor Kasich blew off at President Obama for criticizing the Governor's assault on public-sector unions:
President Obama told Cleveland TV Station WKYC he disapproves of new laws restricting public employee unions in Ohio and Wisconsin. The president said states should not use the financial crisis as an excuse to erode bargaining rights. Governor Kasich responded this way:
Kasich:  “The President of the United States has I think...a 13 trillion dollar debt. Why doesn’t he do his job? When he does his job and gets our budget balanced and starts to prepare a future for our children, then maybe he can have an opinion about what’s going on in Ohio.”
Ohio Democratic Party Chief Chris Redfern said Kasich needs to remember it was Republicans who were in charge when wall street fell. Here’s what Redfern said when he was asked whether he thought Kasich was trying to set himself up for a presidential run of his own.
Redfern:  “Well, I can only hope for a Donald Trump, John Kasich ticket. One fellow has already clearly lost it and the other is on his way to losing it”
I wish I could get the audio to work, because you have to hear it to appreciate how big of a dick Kasich sounds like.  Personally, the last time I checked, the President is allowed to say what he thinks under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, even if said speech criticizes John Kasich.  Also, I think the President is well-aware of the debt issue.  Mr. Kasich might want to know that the debt is currently $14.3 trillion, of which $10.6 trillion was on the books before Obama got there.  But then again, John Kasich doesn't seem to care about facts.  Also, Governor Kasich, where were you during the Bush administration with your campaign for a federal balanced budget.  I think that is a brilliant way to tank the economy when consumers and businesses are currently net savers.  If I were the president, I would also mention that tax cuts for wealthy people and spending cuts for state and local governments are bad for the future, but I'm not the president, and thank God I'm not John Kasich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment