Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day At The Track

I took in the closing day of the racing season at River Downs yesterday.  It was a lot of fun.  I picked a couple of winners, including a $13.00, an $8.40 and a $7.50 payout.  Those paid for the majority of my losing bets.  It was fun betting on the simulcast races in between the races at River Downs.  I laid down bets on races at Thistledown, Saratoga, Del Mar, Prairie Meadows, Ellis Park, Arlington Park and Woodbine.  They had a pretty good-sized crowd.  With no parking fee and no admission charge, it is a pretty good deal. 

Here are a couple of pictures:

Ferris winningRace 4, where I won $13.
(had to bet on a horse named Ferris)

The start of race 10, the final race of the season.

The horses entering the first turn on lap 1 of the 10th race.
Update:  My time at the track coincided with the always entertaining Joe Biden's visit to the Cincinnati AFL-CIO picnic next door at Coney Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment