Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eye-catching Advertisement

I'm not a big fan of advertising, but this promotion highlighted by Scott Beale is pretty cool (via the Dish):
HBO is doing a very unique promotion in New York City for the second season of their Prohibition era series Boardwalk Empire which premiers on September 25th. They are running a vintage 1920s subway train on the 2/3 line on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-6pm during the month of September, making stops at 42nd Street/Times Square, 72nd Street and 96th Street. This is one of the orginal trains that used to run on the Interborough Rapid Transit (IRT).
Here is his video, the pictures are also cool:



I just want to know what this cost them. Apparently, the MTA runs the old train some years during the holiday season, so probably not as much as I'd think. Unfortunately, this is one more promotion which doesn't work on me, at least until the series comes out on DVD, since I don't have HBO. Even then, my buying habits say I probably will never see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment