Friday, November 25, 2011

2000th Post

Wow, I've published 2000 posts, and maybe a couple of them were somewhat interesting.  Here's a few of my favorites thus far:

The German Triangle and U.S. Beer History- I enjoyed putting together a post highlighting German immigration to the Midwest and beer.  Cincinnati, Milwaukee and St. Louis are fun towns to visit, and beer is definitely one of the main reasons why.

Free Trade and the Near Extinction of the Buffalo- This one receives a lot of hits just because of the picture of the giant pile of buffalo skulls.

Hulett Iron Ore Unloaders- I just think these things are cool. 

Congressman Jim Jordan- I'm not a fan.

Wickard vs. Filburn- Some interesting local legal history which may come into play in the Supreme Court health care ruling next summer.

Vonnegut's words of wisdom- Good advice from a fascinating man.

The Workings of a Civil Engineer's Mind- Who else would notice yellow mastarms, but civil engineers?  By the way, the correct answer was Minot, not Bismarck or Fargo.

A few of my favorite historical posts:

Land Ordinance of 1785
The Northwest Ordinance
Have a Beer and Celebrate
Jimmy Wilson, Unlikely Hero of 1940 World Series

Thanks to all of the folks who have dropped by so far, there have been over 25,000 page views thus far.  Please feel welcome to leave any comments, and tell your friends about the site.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2000 posts! A blog like yours is a LOT of work so Thank You.

    You do excellent work and are a fine demonstration that farmers really are as intelligent and informed as I remember from my childhood. Of course, after the economic assaults on agriculture over the last 35 years, guys like you may be the only kind of farmers this country has left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I appreciate your participation here. It's good to know somebody is reading and willing to expound on my often brief posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I do really enjoy the assortment of topics that you cover.

    ReplyDelete