Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Here's to the holiday tied with Independence Day as my favorite secular holiday.  I hope everyone has a safe trip to and from their Thanksgiving feast.  Hopefully no large arguments break out in your family gathering, I've learned (somewhat) to just silently simmer off to the side at my family get-togethers.  Around the web, Krugman jokingly calls the Pilgrims soshulists, while Yves Smith reminds those of us who are doing well to remember to help out folks who are struggling during this holiday season.

I'll be gorging myself on a lot of meat and potatoes, along with a beer or two (or more).  I'll tune in to see the resurgent Detroit Lions (formerly the Portsmouth Spartans) take on the undefeated, community owned, non-profit Green Bay Packers.  While I like both teams (which is shocking since a large bit of my sports interests center on a number of teams I love to irrationally hate), I'll be pulling for the Packers to match the 1972 Dolphins and finally get Larry Csonka crowing about being the only undefeated team in NFL history off of TV once and for all (see what I mean about the hate).

To everyone in the United States, enjoy your Thanksgiving, and to everyone in the rest of the world, I hope you enjoy a feast of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment