Friday, December 16, 2011

The Real Scoop On The NCAA

Mark Titus on the fallout from the UC-Xavier brawl:



  • After both schools handed out suspensions, my brother asked me if I thought the NCAA would step in and lengthen any of them (especially Gates' six-game suspension, since Gates was the one who should be charged with assault for making Frease's head bleed). My response was, "Of course not — as long as the NCAA can make billions off of you, and as long as you don't think you're entitled to a cut of any of that money, they don't care what you do." When I originally said that to him it was meant to be a joke. Now I'm convinced it's the truth.





  • Amen.  Also, he hits the nail on the head when it comes to Duke hating:
    Like a homeless guy whipping out his dong and doing cartwheels in Times Square, the Buckeyes grabbed a lot of people's attention when they beat the mess out of Duke last month. Many observers were quick to anoint my alma mater the best team in the land, probably because everyone hates Duke and watching Duke get blasted made people feel like they were Oompa Loompas watching Dorothy's house land on the Wicked Witch of the East.
    That is total win.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment