Friday, February 3, 2012

From the Department of Corny Marketing

OK, that is a terrible pun, but I got this in the mail today:


That is actually a cardboard box with a 4" long piece of styrofoam decorated to look like an ear of corn.  I don't get that at all.  This might be nice if somebody is marketing to women, but farmers?  Just give us something free or provide us with some food.  I'm not sure whether a woman or a gay guy (not that there's anything wrong with that) spearheaded this campaign, but I would bet heavily that it wasn't a straight guy.

2 comments:

  1. I certainly can't speak for all women, but I promise you a styrofoam ear of corn isn't going to constitute effective marketing to me. So whatever you were implying with your "might be nice for women" comment, you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of what I was referring to was the crinkled paper and the arts and craftiness. I didn't figure the ear of corn would appeal to you or any other woman.

    This was the kitschy type of stuff the women in our engineering office would dream up (with the help of our apparently straight company president) which I would bitterly denounce as ridiculous. I would assume the marketing concept appeals to somebody, but I'm guessing it isn't farmers.

    ReplyDelete