Thursday, May 26, 2011

What Jim Tressel Had To Notice

Mark Titus, OSU basketball bencher and Club Trillion founder (h/t Cubs dad):
While I don’t really know anything about the whole tattoo ordeal, I’m almost certain that there was something shady going on with the car dealer.  In fact, as the news of the free tattoos and sold merchandise or whatever came out, I kept telling my family how funny it was that they were getting busted for tattoos and gold pants when I was pretty sure they had been getting serious discounts on cars for years. Again, I have no “inside information” and really only know what the general public knows.  But it doesn’t exactly take top notch detective skills to figure this one out.  Anyone who spent any time on Ohio State’s campus while I was there could tell you that there were an unusually high volume of brand new Dodge Chargers driving around on campus, and just about all of them had tinted windows and rims on the outside with Ohio State football players behind the wheel on the inside.  Now, I understand that there’s a chance these guys all paid the same price for their cars that normal citizens like you and I would pay, and I honestly hope that they did.  But my intuition has told me for years that something is off.  I’m not sure how much the monthly scholarship checks the football team got were for, but when I was on my basketball scholarship for my first two years at Ohio State, I was only given $1,100 a month.  That might sound like a lot of money at first thought, but you have to realize that these checks had to cover the monthly cost of rent, utilities, food, gas, entertainment, tattoos, trips to the strip club, bottles off the top shelf, weed, hookers, blow, and – on top of all of that – child support.  I wouldn’t necessarily say I struggled to pay all my monthly bills, but as you can imagine, I sure as hell never had enough of a cushion to afford a $400 monthly car payment either.
I'm sure Jimmy T would be shocked, just SHOCKED, to find out that all those nice new cars in the parking lot at practice weren't being paid for by the players whose homes he'd visited to recruit them.  As I said before, a friend of mine told me about Lorenzo "stylin' in his Benzo" Styles when he was playing in the mid-90's.  This couldn't have been something new.  Of course, Titus's post brought all the idiot Ohio State loons out of the woodwork for telling them the sky's blue (well, when it isn't raining).  But everybody in Ohio who happens to not be a Buckeyes fan knows how that works.  There's two reasons that OSU moved past Notre Dame for most hated college football team in the country: they win, and their so-called fans are obnoxious idiots.  Congratulations, you're #1 (and a big #2).

No comments:

Post a Comment